Listed in Sacramento
- 1111 Sonoma Avenue Suite 210Santa Rosa, CA 95405-4864
- (707) 528-0911
American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1980
Dr. Barry N. Silberg has been in practice in Santa Rosa, California since 1979 and has served as Chief of Plastic Surgery at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital for several terms over the years. He has also been a member of the trauma team at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, where he performs major reconstructive surgery as part of the team.
Dr. Silberg has performed thousands of cosmetic surgeries incorporating leading edge technologies and state-of-the-art techniques and he is a frequent lecturer and teacher for cosmetic surgeons worldwide, having taught throughout the U.S., France, South America, and Asia. In addition, he is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. This is a title that is granted by peer surgeons only after a careful evaluation of the candidate’s training, background and professional standing. To maintain membership in both organizations, a Plastic Surgeon must show evidence of continued education and excellence in the specialty.
Facial Surgery-Where Art Combines with Science
Facial plastic surgery is one of the most effective things you can do to dramatically improve your appearance. It corrects the outward signs of aging and refreshes your overall look. We all want our faces to look as beautiful as possible and to accurately reflect how we feel about ourselves inside.
There are many different plastic surgery procedures that can be done to improve the look of your face. A facelift corrects problems due to aging in the cheek, jaw-line, and neck. A rhinoplasty corrects the symmetry of your nose to produce a more pleasing profile. A browlift smoothes the forehead and relaxes the brow to give a more rested and youthful appearance, and a blepharoplasty lifts the eyes by removing extra skin and fatty bags from the eyelids.
You Deserve to Look Your Best
Today there are so many ways to improve the appearance of a face. For you, there may be just one aspect of your face that stands out more than any other when you look in the mirror. Whether it is signs of aging, lack of symmetry, uneven proportions, or just a few wrinkles that bother you, Dr. Silberg can help you to determine the right procedure to achieve your desired outcome. Your face is your most distinctive feature. Call our office today at (707) 528-0911 to explore the possibilities and schedule your free consultation.
- Brow Lift
- Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
- Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Facial Contours
- Facial Wrinkles-Botox & Restylane
- Lip Enhancement
What is Breast Enhancement?
Plastic surgery of the breast can help you achieve a sense of confidence and desired proportions – whether choosing an augmentation or enhancement with an implant, a breast reduction, a breast lift, or a combination of the above.
Knowing that you look your best gives you confidence and a sense of empowerment. Breast surgery procedures are some of the most popular plastic surgery procedures requested in the North Bay Area and in the United States. These procedures are often among the first procedures that women consider because breasts are one of the most unique and defining features women have and can greatly impact one’s appearance and body image.
Plastic surgery of the breasts can make your smaller breasts larger and fuller by using breast implants, a procedure known as breast augmentation. Also you might be a woman whose breasts are too large for you, which can result in neck, back and shoulder problems as well as limitations in activity. The size can be reduced with a breast reduction. A mastopexy or breast lift can be performed when your breast are droopy in order to lift them, thereby improving your overall shape without affecting your breast size dramatically.
Some women can benefit from a combination of techniques and this might be your case. Dr. Silberg can use a combination of breast augmentation and breast lift to give you a shapelier profile. This can sometimes be the case if you are post-pregnancy or have gone through drastic weight reduction and this combination of techniques can help restore your breasts to the natural shape they were before your pregnancy or weight gain.
With all breast enhancement options, Dr. Silberg always strives for a natural appearance, one in which your breast will look , feel, and move naturally. Look through our Gallery to see some of our patients’ wonderful outcomes with breast enhancement techniques. Our goal is your satisfaction with your decision and your surgery and most of our patients find an improved self-image accompanied by a renewed sense of self-confidence post surgery.
Create the Body You Want
Body contouring improves the shape and tone of underlying tissue to give your body a more appealing look. From liposuction to tummy tucks; body contouring improves how your body looks after weight loss, after pregnancy, c-sections, and some injuries.
Our Image Is a Powerful Introduction
Thousands of men and women have used body contouring techniques to increase their confidence and self-image by achieving their goals of a trimmer, more youthful appearance. For many people, one of the most challenging situations is achieving and maintaining a healthy and good looking body. All of us would like to look and feel our best. Body contouring can help you achieve these goals.
Body contouring includes many different techniques in plastic surgery which are designed to target specific trouble spots. Some of the most common procedures are the tummy tuck and liposuction. Body contouring is not designed as a weight loss technique, but as a corrective procedure when exercise and a balanced diet has not let you achieve the body you desire. You will notice that after your procedure that you look and feel slimmer and there has been an improvement in the way your clothing fits and drapes your body.
Santa Rosa Laser Treatments
Dr. Barry N. Silberg’s VariLite Laser Treatment is a fast, comfortable and effective treatment for vascular, pigmented and cutaneous lesions.
- How does the laser work? A laser generates an intense beam of light that can selectively target a treatment site. The laser light is absorbed by oxyhemoglobin (bright red blood cells carrying oxygen) and melanin (black or brown pigment found in the skin) causing decomposition or destruction by heat of unwanted cells while leaving healthy cells intact.
- What are the benefits of Dr. Silberg’s laser treatment? The benefits of laser treatment over alternative therapies may include improved therapeutic results through precisely controlled modalities that limit injury to normal skin, lead to fewer complications, and is a safe and effective outpatient, same-day treatment for vascular and pigmented lesions.
- What is a vascular lesion? A vascular lesion is formed by abnormally large or numerous blood vessels located directly under the surface of the skin. These vessels may be visible through the skin and may result in a red appearance of the skin. What is a pigmented lesion? Melanin is the dark pigment present in skin and is produced by melanocytes. Pigmented lesions occur when an abundance of melanocytes are found in the skin. Lesions may be flat or slightly raised.
- What conditions are treated with the laser?
- Vascular Lesions:
- Facial Telangiectasia – surface veins caused by dilation of capillary vessels or arterioles
- Cherry Angiomas – slightly raised, red lesions
- Spider Angiomas – slightly raised, red spider-like lesions
- Scar Neovascularization – redness that may appear in or around a scar
- Rosacea – red facial lesions around the nose and cheeks causing a sunburned look
- Spider Veins – small, superficial purpose or red veins stretching like a web under the skin, often appearing on legs
- Pigmented Lesions:
- Lentigines – flat, brown spots on the skin: present on skin with frequent sun exposure
- Freckles – brown spots on the skin; common on people with fair skin
- Dermatosis Papulosis Nigra – small black raised lesions seen primarily on people of Asian or African descent
- Cutaneous Lesions:
- Keratoses – slightly elevated pigmented lesions often found on the back and hands
- Warts – skin-colored growths caused by a viral infection in the top layer of the skin
- Vascular Lesions: